Revenues generated from two end markets and from the services business.
- Solid demand drivers: increasing transportation needs, growing demand for electricity and service requirements of a growing installed base
- Exposure to two different end markets with a global spread reduces market risk exposure
- Wärtsilä has a built a strong position in the services markets and has today the widest network and offering in the industry
- Services provides stability and offsets the cyclicality of especially the shipping markets
- Assembly based manufacturing provides flexibility in adjusting capacity to market demand
- Synergies gained from shared manufacturing facilities and research & development
Good opportunities for future growth.
- Environmental regulations provide interesting growth opportunities
- Scrubber markets
- Ballast water treatment
- Growth of gas in the marine and power industries
- Environmental drivers
- Economic drivers
- Smart Power Generation meets the energy market’s need for dynamic and flexible capacity
Solid financial position:
- Strong balance sheet and focus on profitability
- Solid dividend payer with a target payout equivalent to 50% of earnings.
Target is to create added value for our stakeholders and offer our investors a competitive return of their investment, by:
- Growing faster than global GDP
- Reach an operating profit margin (EBIT%) of 14% at the peak of the cycle and maintain an operating profit margin above 10% at the trough of the cycle
- Maintaining gearing below 0.5
- Pay a dividend of at least 50% of earnings over the cycle.