- Net sales EUR 4,923 million (4,801)
- Operating result EUR 590 million (583)
- Order intake EUR 5,644 million (4,927)
- Order book 31 Dec 2017 EUR 5,064 million (4,696)
- Personnel 18,065 (18,011)
Wärtsilä Marine Solutions 2017
- Net sales EUR 1,307 million (1,667)
- Order intake EUR 1,478 million (1,285)
- Order book, end of period EUR 2,023 million (2,017)
- Personnel 5,845 (6,074)
Wärtsilä is the leading provider of ship machinery, propulsion and maneuvering solutions. Wärtsilä supplies engines and generating sets, reduction gears, propulsion equipment, control systems and sealing solutions for all types of vessels and offshore applications. Wärtsilä commands a strong position in all main marine segments as a supplier of highly rated ship machinery and systems.
Wärtsilä Services 2017
- Net sales EUR 2,215 million (2,190)
- Order intake EUR 2,481 million (2,194)
- Order book, end of period EUR 1,171 million (999)
- Personnel 10,624 (10,567)
Wärtsilä supports its customers throughout the lifecycle of their installations. Wärtsilä provides service, maintenance and reconditioning solutions both for ship machinery and power plants. In parallel with its main service operations Wärtsilä has launched innovative new services that support its customers’ business operations, such as service for multiple engine brands in key ports, predictive and condition based maintenance, and training.
Wärtsilä Energy Solutions 2017
- Net sales EUR 1,401 million (943)
- Order intake EUR 1,685 million (1,448)
- Order book, end of period EUR 1,871 million (1,680)
- Personnel 1,038 (903)
Wärtsilä is a leading supplier of power plants for the decentralised power generation market. Wärtsilä offers power plants for baseload, peaking and industrial self-generation purposes as well as for the oil and gas industry. The strengths of Wärtsilä power plants are their flexible design, high efficiency and low emission levels. In all main segments Wärtsilä holds a strong position.
Wärtsilä has an important role in meeting the world’s increased demand for energy in a sustainable way. This is the cornerstone of our commitment to sustainability. Our sustainability approach is based on economic, environmental and social performance. We strive to improve our procedures and performance across a wide front. Our overriding focus is on ensuring profitability, providing environmentally sound products and services and ensuring responsible business conduct. See our sustainability pages for more information.
Code of conduct and ethical stance
Wärtsilä is committed to carrying out its business in a sustainable way. In order to promote the long-term interests of Wärtsilä and its stakeholders, the company strives to maintain the highest legal and ethical standards in all its business practices. See the code of conduct for more information about business and employee ethics.