Adjustable bridge ramp at specially-constructed berth, designed to link up with axial stern ramps of ro-ro vessels. There are different types of linkspans:
- Movable ramps, hinged onto the quay,
- Floating pontoons, equipped with a hinged bridge to the shore,
- Semi-floating ramps hinged onto the quay,
- Passenger walkways, complete systems of fixed and movable sections connecting the terminal to the vessel.
- Double-level linkspan – If the ro-ro ferry has two or more trailer decks, a double level link spans with direct access also to the upper cargo deck saves much time for loading and unloading in port.