Fire Control Plan
A plan providing crucial information for rapid and efficient action of the vessel’s crew during a fire. A Fire Control Plan must show the following details:
- Control stations
- Various fire sections enclosed by “A” class divisions
- Sections enclosed by “B” class divisions
- Particulars of the fire detection and alarm systems
- Particulars of splinker installation
- Particulars of the fire-extinguishing appliances
- Means of access to different compartments, decks, etc.
- Ventilating system including particulars of the fan control positions, the position of dampers and identification numbers of the ventilating fans serving each section.
IMO resolution A.654(16) provides a standardized set of symbols to be used. A copy of the Fire Control Plan is to be permanently stored in a prominently marked weathertight enclosure outside the deckhouse for the assistance of shore-side fire-fighting personel.
Further reading: ABS Guidance Notes on Fire-Fighting Systems,
can be downloaded from www.eagle.org