The vertical distance from the moulded base line amidships to the actual waterline.
- Air draught -The maximum distance from the water level to the highest point of the ship at the prevailing draught.
- Design draught -The draugth on which the fundamental design parameters of the ship are based.
- Extreme draught – The distance from the waterline to the underside of the keel.
- Moulded draught – The distance from the summer load line to the base line, measured at the midship section.
- Scantling draught – The maximum draught at which the strength requirements for the
scantlings of the ship are met.