A platform in a ship corresponding to a floor in a building. See also car decks.
- Bulkhead deck – The bulkhead deck is the highest deck to which the watertightbulkheads extend and are made effective.
- Freeboard deck – The freeboard deck normally is the uppermost continuous deck with permanent means for closing all openings.
- Strength deck – The strength deck forms the top of the effective hull girder at any part of its length.
- Superstructure deck – A superstructure deck is a deck forming the upper boundary ofa superstructure, (ICLL).
- Weather deck – Uppermost continuous deck with no overhead protection.