Wärtsilä 34DF multi-fuel power plant
The most flexible power plant in all aspects, always ready to deliver power to the grid instantly and efficiently, on any fuel. Multi-fuel operation with full agility and flexibility combined with high efficiency over the whole load range and in any operating profile makes these plants excellent for both flexible baseload and peak load, and supporting the grid with a variety of ancillary services.
- Fast start capability provides megawatts to the grid in seconds and full plant output in 5 minutes.
- Able to provide non-spinning secondary reserve thanks to a 30-second fast sync time.
- Highest efficiency in pulse load (short-time on-off and part-load) operation.
- Able to provide grid blackstart capability and re-energise a grid on diesel or low-pressure gas.
- Ultimate combination of efficiency, operational flexibility and fuel flexibility.
- Can operate on natural gas or any liquid fuel, including HFO, and switch between them back and forth while delivering power to the grid.
- Full power can be achieved with a wide range of gas qualities.
- Combination of low emissions in gas mode with an efficient liquid fuel mode that can use low-grade fuel oils.
- Genset is easily transported in one piece to challenging locations