Notification in accordance with the Finnish Securities Market Act Chapter 9 § 5: BlackRock Investment Management (UK) Limited increased holding in Wärtsilä Corporation

Wärtsilä Corporation
  • Stock exchange release
6 May 2016 at 8:30 AM E. Europe Standard Time

BlackRock, Inc. has informed Wärtsilä Corporation that BlackRock Investment Management (UK) Limited has purchased Wärtsilä shares on 3 May 2016, crossing above the 5% disclosure limit on shares and voting rights and remaining above 5% on total holdings. Following the transaction BlackRock Investment Management (UK) Limited owns 5.01% of Wärtsilä’s shares and voting rights and 0.12% of shares and voting rights through financial instruments, corresponding to a total of 5.13%. The total number of shares held by BlackRock, Inc. remains above 5% of Wärtsilä’s share capital and total votes.

Total position of BlackRock, Inc. and its funds subject to the notification:

 

% of shares and voting rights

% of shares and voting rights through financial instruments

% of total

Total number of shares and voting rights of issuer

Resulting situation on the date on which the threshold was crossed or reached

8.31%

0.53%

8.84%

197,241,130

Position of previous notification (if applicable)

8.05%

0.56%

8.62%

 

 

Notified details of the resulting situation on the date on which the threshold was crossed:

A: Shares and voting rights

Class / type of shares

Number of shares and voting rights

% of shares and voting rights

 

Direct (SMA 9:5)

Indirect (SMA 9:6 and 9:7)

Direct (SMA 9:5)

Indirect (SMA 9:6 and 9:7)

FI0009003727

 

16,391,021

 

8.31%

SUBTOTAL A

16,391,021

8.31%

 

B: Financial instruments according to SMA 9:6a:

Type of financial instrument

Expiration date

Exercise / Conversion Period

Physical or cash settlement

Number of shares and voting rights

% of shares and voting rights

Securities Lent

N/A

N/A

Physical

1,041,449

0.52%

CFD

N/A

N/A

Cash

8,722

0.00%

SUBTOTAL B

 

 

 

1,050,171

0.53%

 

© 2018 Wärtsilä