In 2005, we received the EMERGO Maritime Innovation Award in recognition of our OEM-approved underwater service for installing and servicing lip-type shaft seals. Since then, we’ve performed hundreds of seal repairs and overhauls on shafts with a diameter of up to 1100mm.
Its success is largely owing to our technical training, our experience in product design and the emphasis we place on product testing, all of which have enabled us to deliver an exemplary service to the maritime industry, one which uses a widely recognised and accepted shaft seal overhaul method aligned with Classification and manufacturer warranty standards.
In order to carry out the service safely and efficiently, we set up a lightweight, flexible, open habitat (FLEX-DAM) around the stern configuration, away from the natural elements and the dust generated in drydock. Its compact design is also more conducive to commercial air freight, allowing for swift mobilisation in emergency situations.
Our underwater shaft seal repair services include:
- lip-type seal bonding and spacer ring installation or removal;
- wet repair and replacement of face-type seals (including Deep Sea, Cedervall, Wӓrtsilӓ);
- CPP blade seal replacement;
- tunnel or azimuthing thruster shaft and blade seal upgrades; and
- stabiliser fin shaft seal and crux seal repairs.