Decarbonising Shipping – is it only about the alternative fuels?
Decarbonising Shipping – A detailed look at carbon intensity measures and other available options for lowering GHG emissions and complying with regulations
This is a joint Wärtsilä – DNV GL presentation followed by a panel discussion on decarbonising the marine industry – how it can be achieved and what are the implications for industry stakeholders.
This fall, the IMO will agree on the GHG regulations intended to significantly reduce shipping emissions by 2030. At the same time, the EU is on the cusp of ratcheting up its own requirements for shipping.
If shipping is to meet the IMO’s target of reducing carbon intensity by 40% from 2008 levels by 2030, the action is needed now. What is the best way forward? Are future fuels the only answer? And is the IMO’s target realistic?
In this session, Wärtsilä, DNV GL and AMSA will thoroughly discuss the enhanced SEEMP, EEXI, Market based measures, EU Emissions Trading System, up to the operational level of the fleet complying the regulations. This presentation will help you to navigate the alphabet soup of incoming proposals, fleet efficiency solutions, regulations and understand the impacts these have on your fleet in service.
This webinar will also cover the relevant benefits of new technologies, new business models, and taking a smart approach to meeting the challenges involved.
KEY LEARNING TAKEAWAYS:
Have an overview of the expected technical content of the IMO’s new GHG regulations, timeline and implications on your current fleet
- Get clear insights on carbon intensity and its link with EEDI
- Better understand why and how carbon pricing for ships is becoming increasingly likely
- Discover the role of emissions trading and other market-based measures in reducing shipping’s carbon footprint
- Learn the energy-saving technologies, smart energy solutions combining batteries and conventional marine engines that can significantly raise efficiency levels, lower costs and optimize overall vessel efficiency
- Gain knowledge on Just-in-time arrivals and other voyage solutions which eliminate costly waiting at anchor and excessive fuel consumption
- Understand the utilization of energy efficiency improvements to realize emission reduction goals
The panel discussion will include a regulator and a shipowner to provide opinions from a different viewpoint.
You will receive a confirmation e-mail after registration. You will also receive a reminder 1 day and 1 hour before the webinar.
The identities of all viewers will be kept confidential.
High-performance Wifi or hardwire recommended for optimal connection and experience.
All attendees join muted by default
Questions can be sent with the control panel during the presentation or Q&A session
The moderator addresses questions to presenters
Local toll numbers at own cost
PDF and recordings will be available after the webinar
All fields required
Registration to the webinar has been stopped.
Recording will be published within 24hrs.