Easier, more accurate procurement with Wärtsilä
3 min read
20 Dec 2020
3 min read
20 Dec 2020
Traditional procurement via email or phone is typically inefficient, inflexible, time-consuming and potentially prone to human error. Euronav Ship Management (Hellas) Ltd, an independent tanker company, has found a better way to manage their procurement process: simultaneously using Wärtsilä’s own customer channel, Wärtsilä Online, as well as the SERTICA marine procurement system integrated directly with Wärtsilä’s digital procurement platform. They can now buy spare parts online anytime and anywhere, with key parts of the process automated to make the buying process more efficient, productive and with fewer manual steps.
Euronav Ship Management (Hellas) Ltd was looking for ways to improve its procurement process, aiming to reduce inefficiency, increase flexibility, and save time, costs and resources. To do this, the company turned to Wärtsilä and our integrated digital solutions for online procurement.
Wärtsilä’s integrated procurement with SERTICA
Euronav Ship Management (Hellas) Ltd uses SERTICA procurement software for their online purchases so it was a straightforward task for Wärtsilä to integrate Euronav’s procurement with Wärtsilä’s integrated procurement solution.
This integration means that Euronav Ship Management (Hellas) now benefits from a streamlined procurement process that removes unnecessary steps and repetitive manual tasks, saving time and effort and reducing the risk of manual errors. The integrated procurement process has also improved transparency and made everything easier to track.
Wärtsilä’s own digital customer channel, Wärtsilä Online
Wärtsilä Online helps customers to manage their installation and equipment efficiently by making asset information, support and procurement available 24 hours a day at no cost wherever you are in the world. Wärtsilä Online includes:
- Easy and secure access to customer information such as technical data and reports, product-specific technical information and services documentation.
- Real-time data and insights including the status of all connected products and services as well as tools to plan, optimise and keep track of service and maintenance activities.
- A collaboration channel for a transparent and fast way to collaborate with Wärtsilä.
- Integrated procurement for direct and reliable spare parts procurement. An up-to-date and illustrated catalogue makes it quick and easy to find the correct spare part with full price and availability information. The customer can
also browse their order history and track deliveries.
Wärtsilä’s strong technical capabilities and integration experience allow successful and straightforward integration with a wide variety of procurement systems, including marine ERPs and other e-procurement platforms.
“It's been our pleasure to cooperate with Wärtsilä. Our main challenge before using Wärtsilä’s integrated procurement was the administration, especially during large maintenance projects where we have many items within each RFQ and it’s a big effort to insert all the data into our ERP system SERTICA. Now with this upgrade it is much faster and easier with all the administration carried out automatically – the purchaser only needs to check that the data has come correctly into our system. This has gained us both time and manpower, allowing us to concentrate on more important tasks than manually updating item lines. The integration process was very smooth and straightforward. Wärtsilä was very cooperative and it took only one and a half months to go live. Wärtsilä Online is a very useful platform for sure. If we have an urgent need for spare parts it helps us to know immediately if Wärtsilä has them in stock. Also, all the technical data that it contains is useful for our technical department,” says Spilios Iliopoulos, Senior Group Category Buyer, Euronav Ship Management (Hellas) Ltd.
- Remove bottlenecks in the procuring process
- Increase the efficiency of procurement
- Reduce the risk of human error
- Integrating Euronav Ship Management (Hellas)’s procurement system SERTICA with Wärtsilä’s digital procurement platform to enable direct B2B procurement
- Streamlined procurement process removes unnecessary steps and repetitive manual tasks
- Improved transparency
- Reduced risk of manual errors
- Faster response to quote requests and purchase orders
- Increased efficiency