A Wärtsilä Controllable Pitch (WCP) propeller installation consists of a hub, propeller blades, shafting, hydraulics and a remote control system, as well as any further accessories needed to meet the customer’s needs.
- Power range starting from 1000 kW, no upper limit
- 4- or 5-bladed propellers with a diameter of 1200 mm or greater
- Bronze or stainless steel propellers
- Various hub designs can be selected, depending on the application
- Available with a Wärtsilä High Performance nozzle
WCP propeller systems are generally available in three categories:
- With a reduction gear box and with the oil distribution unit connected to the forward end of the gear box. Commonly installed with medium speed 4-stroke engine applications.
- With a reduction gear box having the oil distribution unit integrated within the gear box. No separate hydraulic power pack is needed for the propeller hydraulics, thus saving installation work and reducing the amount of auxiliary equipment.
- For direct drive without a gear box. The oil distribution unit is mounted in the shaft line. This is generally applied in combination with a 2-stroke engine.
The WCP propeller system can comply with the EPA Vessel Permit 2013 requirements and can be delivered with environmentally acceptable lubricants (EAL). The Wärtsilä stern tube system can ensure zero pollution.
Underwater replacement of the blades, hub disassembly without pulling the shaft, easy installation, reduced maintenance, and a customised efficient propeller design with minimal noise and vibration are further benefits of the WCP propeller system.