Wärtsilä is a total solution provider for the marine industry with the ability to integrate multiple technologies into one complete solution from initial design to complete service support over the whole lifecycle. Our focus is on innovative solutions covering dual-fuel technology, our capability in the gas value chain, total operational efficiency and worldwide environmental compliance.
Did you know?
- Oasis of the Seas, the world’s largest passenger vessel, is powered by Wärtsilä engines
- Wärtsilä has the world’s biggest engine 14RT-flex96C at 108,920 bhp / 102 rpm
- Wärtsilä has unique solutions for offshore applications, such as Direct Electric Heating (DEH) for subsea pipelines, and frequency SPECIAL converters for drilling operations.
Read more about our marine offering on the global site.
Performance and Flexibility For Better Results
Wärtsilä provides integrated solutions to keep business afloat and flowing. We have the widest product portfolio available. Our offshore experts are well acquainted with marine power solutions, including power generation, propulsion, automation, power distribution and drives.
Our dual-fuel gas and liquid fuel engines ensure maximum fuel flexibility, efficiency, reliability and environmental performance. Together with an integrated automation system and Wärtsilä’s patented Low Loss Concept for power distribution, on-board fuel efficiency is improved significantly while maximizing operational flexibility and redundancy.
Through early involvement and long-term commitment, it is our objective to provide leading edge solutions. Based on our customers’ needs we provide everything from design and engineering, project management, comprehensive building support and commissioning. Wärtsilä’s worldwide service network provides lifetime support.
By choosing a total integrated solution from Wärtsilä, asset owners can be assured of:
- Reliable systems with high availability at all times
- Minimised new-building and project risks
- Unique and innovative designs
- Fuel and operational flexibility
- Economical and efficient lifetime operation
- Full compliance with environmental and safety regulations
- Proven design and faster project lead time
- Wärtsilä was selected as the best value, most reliable provider for the Canadian Coastguard’s 1100 class repower project for 19 Wärtsilä 26 gensets.
- Wärtsilä is the leading provider of the most advanced and robust propulsion power, bridge control and navigation systems with over 92% of the cruise market. Wartsila has also recently acquired Transas, which is a leading provider for bridge and navigation systems for the world's merchant fleet.
- Wärtsilä serves over 50% of the worlds marine and offshore vessels
- Wärtsilä supplies all kinds of marine products and services such as:
- Navigation systems, ECDIS, sonar, radar, switch gear, controls, alarms, monitoring, ballast water management systems, engines of almost all fuel types, scrubbers and selective catalytic reduction systems, generators, pumps, valves, sewage treatment plants, propellers, rudders, fire suppression systems, gearboxes, clutches, efficiency improvement upgrades, LNG conversions, seals and bearings - and the list goes on. This is complemented by a comprehensive ship design capability, detailed engineering and model testing, and much more.