|1912||(Sulzer Engine) The first Sulzer office was opened in Kobe.|
|1925||License contract was made with Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd.|
|1948||License contracts were made with major shipyards such as Harima Shipyard (presently, Diesel United, Ltd., a joint company of Ishikawajima-Harima Heavy Industries, Ltd. and Sumitomo Heavy Industries, Ltd. for Diesel Engines).|
|1973||Sulzer Brothers Japan Ltd. was established.|
|1984||(Wärtsilä Engine) Nippon Wärtsilä Diesel Co., Ltd. was established by focusing on Asian shipbuilding market.|
|1985||Wärtsilä engines for Diesel Power Plants started to run in Japan.|
|1988||The first auxiliary engines (2 x Wärtsilä 4R32) were delivered to a Japanese ship owner, NYK.|
The first main engines (2 x Wärtsilä 16V22 for 'Oceanic Grace') were delivered to a Japanese ship owner, Showa Line.
The first Diesel Power Plant engine was delivered to Japan, HZ/Nittoh Boseki (1 x Wärtsilä 9R32).
|1989||(Sulzer Engine) New Sulzer Diesel Japan Ltd. was established by independence of Sulzer Brothers Japan Ltd.|
|1997||In line with the establishment of Wärtsilä NSD Corporation by the merger of Wärtsilä Diesel Finland, New Sulzer Diesel and Diesel Ricerche, New Sulzer Diesel Japan Ltd. changed its name to NSD Japan Ltd.|
Wärtsilä Diesel Japan was established as a joint venture company with Hitachi Zosen.
|2001||Wärtsilä Diesel Japan Co., Ltd. changed its name to Wärtsilä Japan Co., Ltd. in April, as a result of termination of a joint venture company with Hitachi Zosen.|
Wärtsilä Japan Co., Ltd. and NSD Japan Ltd. were merged in July.
|2007||Wärtsilä Japan Co., Ltd. and Japan Marine Technologies Ltd. merged into one company on 1 January. The new company name is Wärtsilä Japan Ltd.|