Since 2005 Wärtsilä has successfully delivered seven power plants in Azerbaijan, with total output 860 MW installed. All power plants are operated by state owned utility company. From 2005-2007 Wärtsilä supplied 52 Wärtsilä 20V34SG (20-cylinder,V-type, 340 mm cylinder bore, single gas fuel) engines.
In 2007 Wärtsilä was granted for EPC contract of 300 MW power plant based on Wärtsilä 18V50DF (18-cylinder, V-type, 500 mm cylinder bore, DF-dual fuel) engines to Sangachal and a 104 MW plant with Wärtsilä 20V34SG engines in Guba.
Wärtsilä is a leading supplier of flexible power plants for the global power generation market. We offer Smart Power Generation solutions for baseload power generation, grid stability & peaking, industrial self-generation, as well as for the oil and gas industry. We provide superior value to our customers with our flexible, efficient and environmentally advanced energy solutions, which enable a global transition to a more sustainable and modern energy infrastructure.
Did you know?
- Wärtsilä supports US grids with 1000 MW of large, gas-fired grid stability and peaking plants
- Madrid airport in Spain is powered by Wärtsilä dual-fuel units
- The first Wärtsilä 18V50SG - the world’s largest gas engine - is commissioned in Turkey
- Close to 1000 MW Wärtsilä liquid biofuel power plants are installed in Italy
- Wärtsilä power plants can utilize Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) as fuel.