Wärtsilä will showcase a wide offering of industry-leading innovative products and solutions at Marintec China 2013, with a focus on helping Chinese as well as global customers and partners embrace and take advantage of the gas revolution, lower their operating costs through more efficient systems, and overcome tough environmental legislations with technologies that meet the sternest requirements.
The marine industry’s leading solutions and services provider, Wärtsilä provides the most complete offering of marine solutions for ship owners, operators and shipyards. Wärtsilä’s end-to-end portfolio of integrated systems and lifecycle solutions includes engines, ship design, generating sets, propulsion packages, auxiliary systems, inert gas systems, exhaust gas cleaning systems, seals and bearings, pumps, valves, ballast water management, oil and gas systems, electrical and automation, and a wide range of services.
“Ship owners, operators and shipyards are continuously searching for the most cost-effective solutions for new-buildings and retrofits. Wärtsilä’s immense range of technologically advanced products and smarter solutions enables us collaborate closely with our customers to meet the challenges facing the industry head-on,” said Hans Laheij, Sales Director for Wärtsilä Ship Power.
“Chinese shipyards have managed to reverse the 2012 trend and are seeing an increase in the volume of orders,” he added. “With our footprint in China, which includes over 2000 employees, multiple service centres, and many years of manufacturing through fully-owned companies, licensees and joint ventures, Wärtsilä is fully committed to the Chinese market, and is well-positioned to serve the world's largest shipbuilding market”.
Innovations and Expert Topics
Wärtsilä Ship Power experts will be at Marintec China 2013, and will discuss a variety of topics in the following areas:
- Environmental excellence and compliance – Ballast Water Management Systems (BWMS), exhaust gas cleaning,inert gas systems, waste water management, retrofitting
- Gas and fuel flexibility – Dual-Fuel Engines, including the game-changing 2-stroke low pressure dual-fuel engine technology, the market leading 4-stroke dual-fuel engines, and the Wärtsilä GasReformer
- Efficiency – latest generating sets Auxpac 16 and Auxpac 32, new series of steerable and transverse thrusters, Wärtsilä Control & Communication Centre (Wärtsilä 3C), and Pumping Solutions
- Seals & Bearings solutions – bringing to market more advanced stern tube solutions that quickly pay for themselves by lasting longer, preventing expensive emergency dockings and downtime, and avoiding leakages
- Optimizing lifecycle value – Ship Design, integrated lifecycle solutions, Services and support to extend the life of a vessel, high quality stand-alone products.
The following models will be on display at the Wärtsilä stand (N2F51, Hall 2):
- The WSD 1000 MPSV, a ship with a unique, fuel-efficient design, proven hull lines and an integrated equipment package from Wärtsilä – optimized to meet the specific requirements and operational modes demanded in complex offshore applications.
- The Wärtsilä Control & Communication Centre (3C), an intelligent integration platform for all crucial onboard systems with flexibility to all types of vessels within the shipping industry, covering the offshore market, container and tanker trade up to ferries and cruise liners.
- Wärtsilä Seals, Bearings and Stern Tubes, showcasing reliable, innovative, environmentally compliant and longer lasting Seals & Bearings solutions for the long haul.
Wärtsilä Press Conference
Wärtsilä will kick off its activity at Marintec China 2013 with a press conference* on 2 December. The press conference will commence at 1500 hours, and will be held at the Ru Meeting Room, 2F Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel, Shanghai. The press conference will be followed by dinner and networking.
* The Wärtsilä press conference is strictly meant for members of the media only
Visit Wärtsilä at Stand N2F51 at Marintec China 2013. To find out more about Wärtsilä solutions for the marine and offshore industries, visit http://www.wartsila.com/en/events/marintec-china-2013.
Wärtsilä in brief
Wärtsilä is a global leader in complete lifecycle power solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising technological innovation and total efficiency, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2012, Wärtsilä's net sales totalled EUR 4.7 billion with approximately 18,900 employees. The company has operations in nearly 170 locations in 70 countries around the world. Wärtsilä is listed on the NASDAQ OMX Helsinki, Finland.