Wärtsilä Oil to water conversions
Converting to sea water lubrication can be considered for multiple reasons: to eliminate accidental oil pollution risk, to comply with environmental legislation (Marpol Annex 1), or to reduce complexity – no lube oil, no lube oil testing. Furthermore, the conversion eliminates need to repair shaft seal following cable or rope entanglement. Direct monetary benefits can be gained also by avoiding fines and risk of vessel being impounded in case of accidental sterntube oil loss.
A conversion can be the right choice for any size of vessel from super yacht to cruise vessel. Wärtsilä’ solution will help protect the marine environment, a positive payback achieved through:
- Minimizing the time and cost involved in conversion
- Maximized value versus legislation requirements
- Minimized lifecycle costs
- Reducing the risk of unplanned asset downtime
- Offering our equipment or if preferred other OEMs equipment