Liquid Cargo Handling simulators are designed to train and certify crew members of liquid cargo tankers, gas carriers and terminals, as well as other staff responsible for the safe cargo handling and the operation of auxiliary equipment. Liquid Cargo Handling simulator provides an exact, detailed copy of vessel/terminal systems and its compartments. This simulator is an ideal solution for training centres, academies, government authorities, shipping companies, coastal centres and crewing agencies. It also enables onboard training and demonstration of competency.
Liquid Cargo Handling Simulator replicates a cargo control room, allowing a comprehensive study of the tanker and terminal layout, including its machinery and systems, according to international standards and requirements:
- General arrangement of the tanker and its systems;
- Maintenance of the tanker systems on management level;
- Control of vessel ballast system;
- Control of trim, stability and stress;
- Prevention of oil pollution from the ship;
- Proficiency in tanker technological operation;
- Monitor the loading, stowage, securing and unloading of cargoes and their care during the voyage;
- Maintain seaworthiness of the ship, plan and ensure safe loading, stowage, securing, care during the voyage and unloading of cargoes;
- Control of pump and piping systems;
- Operation of ballast and cargo handling system;
- Control trim, stability and stress;
- Resource management;
- Respond to emergencies;
- Take precautions to prevent pollution of the environment;
- Tanker/terminal interaction: cargo transfer systems, shore storage, shore equipment and instrumentation;
- Safely perform and monitor all cargo operations.
Loading control system
Tanks, hull strength, ship stability and ship loading in the simulator are calculated by the Load Calculator System. This program links all the necessary shipboard calculations with the ship loading, its stability and strength. The inclusion of this program is driven by STCW 2010 recommendation B 1/12, i 40 (2,3).
Various Model types
Ship model library includes the major gas and oil tankers used in the marine cargo handling industry worldwide. All simulator models are based on the real ship prototypes and replicate its system. The terminal simulators reproduce the real gas/oil terminal stations equipment and provide a trainee with detailed layout familiarization and management of the terminal systems.
Different cargo types
Different cargo types can be selected from the simulator databases. Operations are carried out for almost all types of cargo.
The math-model allows processes to be accelerated in order to reduce the training time, without any deterioration in realism.
Graphics User Interface
The interface is optimized for familiarisation with the operating principles of the entire system and to provide practical skills in equipment handling. The main tanker units are depicted as 3D objects, showing cross sections of individual assemblies. Computer animation is used to display current processes.