The Virtual Shipyard (VSY) is a flexible and user-friendly package for developing and editing ship motion, engine and propulsion models, as well as controlling and documenting the results.
Possible areas of application:
- Development of ship motion models for Wartsila simulators and the Ship Model Toolkit
Create your own model or choose one from our collection of over 400 ship models and modify it. This model can then be used in Wartsila simulators or with your own simulator using the Ship Model Toolkit
- Educational tool in ship theory and hydrodynamics
- Allow students to run, control and modify vessels in real time or in fast-time simulation. Let them see how vessel behavior and fuel consumption change when a student modifies hull or propulsion properties. Encourage them to create their own equations, units and libraries.
- Research tool
- Create, modify and plot all aspects of model behaviour, effects and interactions. Use the customizable, automated report system to run hundreds of tests. Load other ships and a 3D area profile for advanced studies. Test your own components, algorithms and even hardware units using the output of a high-quality ship mathematical model.
- Interactive help and videos are available to simplify the first steps
- A modular principle is used for ship model development so each module can be easily modified or replaced if necessary
- Various ship types can be modeled;
- Two modes of development are supported:
- simplified – for quick and practical modeling
- more elaborate and accurate modeling based on the latest technical tools for professional simulation use
- Operational and fully automated model testing
- Calculations in Metric and Imperial measurement systems
- Automated generation of the output documentations and reports
- VSY software and documentation support the established quality standards
A platform for close collaboration between model developers and professional customers or validation experts.