Microwave sensors (RadaScan and Mini RadaScan) operate with a variety of intelligent microwave targets called responders. Available in a variety of power options to suit the operation, responders can be mounted on a fixed structure, such as an offshore oil-platform for station-keeping, or on another moving vessel for track-and-follow operations.
- RadaScan and Mini RadaScan compatible - 360º navigation off one responder
- ATEX and CSA certified
- All weather operation
- Unique coded ID
- Auto target detection
- Single or multiple responder capability
- Various power options
- Externally mains powered - suitable for permanently powered responders
- Primary Cell Pack (PCP) - suitable for permanent responders where mains power is unavailable. Cell packs should be on a one year swap out maintenance schedule.
- Self-contained battery pack - suitable for keeping on the vessel and handing over
Guidance Marine provide a universal swivel bracket which is suitable for all responder power and installation options.
Guidance Marine recommends fixed installation for all responders regardless of whether it is a short or long term operation.
The Primary Cell Pack (PCP) has a nominal 24/7 use expected life-time of 12 months under average temperature conditions, therefore the batteries will require replacing. No maintenance is required on the rechargeable responder.