Metallurgical & Replica Analysis: Metallurgical microscope (50x – 1’000x magnification) and image analysis software is used to report the component condition. A portable microscope camera (up to 300x magnification) and surface replicas enable on site inspections of components that cannot be moved to the laboratory.
Mechanical Testing: Mechanical properties of component can be tested according to ISO and ASTM standards.
Non Destructive Examination: Liquid Penetration, Magnetic Particle and Ultrasonic testing can help to identify defects before they cause problems without destroying the component or sample.
Root Cause Analysis(RCA): Documentation of the RCA is done by use of Apollo RCA Software.
Dedicated material experts who have access to Wärtsilä’s know-how, drawings and specifications provide metallurgical and damage investigations within a short period of time by using modern well maintained equipment.
• Specimen preparation, cutting, hot embedding
• Specimen polishing, etching
• Microstructure analysis with metallurgical software
• High definition pictures up to 1’000x magnification
• Tensile strength test(Force – Elongation graph)
• Impact test: Charpy
• Hardness (Rockwell, Brinell, Vickers, Micro-Vickers)
• Hardness profile (Micro-Vickers)
• Optical emission spectrometer element analysis
• SEM - EDS material analysis
Non destructive examination: UT, PT, MT
Root Cause Analysis Reports