The impact of the IMO’s upcoming regulations related to Ro-Pax
Traditionally, many Mediterranean operators have relied on bringing in second-hand tonnage from Japan, South Korea or even North Sea operations. However, experience indicates that the adaptation work required to cater for the specialities of the Mediterranean – large exterior areas, stern-ramps only, long sailing distances, different port services – is not always easy.
Furthermore, many of the available vessels for sale will not necessarily comply with ongoing emission reduction requirements nationally and internationally, which make the investment sometimes uncertain and at best short-lasting. Therefore, there are two avenues to secure the competitiveness and sustainability of your future operations:
- Retrofit and upgrade of existing tonnage
- Plan for and carry out a newbuilding program
The situation today is to gather knowledge on how to accomplish the EEXI requirement by 2023 and keep an eye on the developments of the CO2 carbon taxation (CII by 2030).
In this webinar we will explore:
- in detail the regulations from the classification perspective by RINA.
- efficient solutions and technologies to comply
- a RoPax business case with regards to alternative fuels IMO 2030-2050 from a technical angle with investment possibilities and recommendations.
- the financial aspect and the different options by Ocean Finance
You will receive a confirmation e-mail after registration. You will also receive a reminder 1 day and 1 hour before the webinar.
The identities of all viewers will be kept confidential.
High-performance Wifi or hardwire recommended for optimal connection and experience.
All attendees join muted by default
Questions can be sent with the control panel during the presentation or Q&A session
The moderator addresses questions to presenters
Local toll numbers at own cost
PDF and recordings will be available after the webinar
All fields required
Registration to the webinar has been stopped.
Recording will be published within 24hrs.