Meeting Vessel Regulations - Container Vessel Focus
The container industry is preparing for the 2030 and 2050 IMO targets, while operational disruptions along the entire supply chain continue to cause significant delays and thereby contribute to the shortage of transport capacity.
This panel based discussion focused on how container vessels can adapt and prepare to reduce emissions, ultimately to decarbonise vessels and remain competitive in a rapidly evolving business environment.
More specifically, it will include discussion on how owners are handling this now and the options available including Engine Power Limitation and upgrades that will support the move towards achieving 2030 and 2050 IMO's targets, as well as delivering benefits for the owners in the process.
- The biggest challenges in achieving the regulatory requirements
- Technologies supporting decarbonisation
- What are the considerations when retrofitting to be compliant
- Considerations on the differing approaches of IMO and Local Legislation
- Public pressure and perception of the industry and the impact on business