Wärtsilä is a world leader in marine technology. With an extensive portfolio of innovative and integrated products and solutions, Wärtsilä delivers efficiency, reliability, flexibility, and environmental sustainability to enhance the business of its customers. As our industry enters a new era of innovation and unprecedented efficiency, Wärtsilä is using high levels of connectivity and digitalisation to bring value and optimisation to all marine applications. In so doing, it is leading the industry’s transformation towards a smart marine ecosystem.
Read more about our marine offering on the global site.
Performance and Flexibility For Better Results
Wärtsilä provides integrated solutions to keep business afloat and flowing. We have the widest product portfolio available. Our offshore experts are well acquainted with marine power solutions, including power generation, propulsion, automation, power distribution and drives.
Our dual-fuel gas and liquid fuel engines ensure maximum fuel flexibility, efficiency, reliability and environmental performance. Together with an integrated automation system and Wärtsilä’s patented Low Loss Concept for power distribution, on-board fuel efficiency is improved significantly while maximizing operational flexibility and redundancy.
Through early involvement and long-term commitment, it is our objective to provide leading edge solutions. Based on our customers’ needs we provide everything from design and engineering, project management, comprehensive building support and commissioning. Wärtsilä’s worldwide service network provides lifetime support.
By choosing a total integrated solution from Wärtsilä, asset owners can be assured of:
- Reliable systems with high availability at all times
- Minimised new-building and project risks
- Unique and innovative designs
- Fuel and operational flexibility
- Economical and efficient lifetime operation
- Full compliance with environmental and safety regulations
- Proven design and faster project lead time
- Wärtsilä was selected as the best value, most reliable provider for the Canadian Coastguard’s 1100 class repower project for 19 Wärtsilä 26 gensets.
- Wärtsilä is the leading provider of the most advanced and robust propulsion power, bridge control and navigation systems with over 92% of the cruise market. Wartsila has also recently acquired Transas, which is a leading provider for bridge and navigation systems for the world's merchant fleet.
- Wärtsilä serves over 50% of the worlds marine and offshore vessels
- Wärtsilä supplies all kinds of marine products and services such as:
- Navigation systems, ECDIS, sonar, radar, switch gear, controls, alarms, monitoring, ballast water management systems, engines of almost all fuel types, scrubbers and selective catalytic reduction systems, generators, pumps, valves, sewage treatment plants, propellers, rudders, fire suppression systems, gearboxes, clutches, efficiency improvement upgrades, LNG conversions, seals and bearings - and the list goes on. This is complemented by a comprehensive ship design capability, detailed engineering and model testing, and much more.