The Voyager is deployed in the Irish Sea. Pelagic trawlers are huge vessels built for deep sea fishing, with facilities for keeping the catch fresh over prolonged periods at sea. The hull is designed to ensure safety, and to give good fuel efficiency and high speed.
Delivered in 2010, the Voyager is a pelagic trawler designed by Wärtsilä Ship Design. It is fitted with a complete Wärtsilä propulsion solution, comprising a 16-cylinder Wärtsilä 32 engine driving a reduction gear and a controllable pitch propeller. Wärtsilä also provided the control system for the installation.
Voyager, pelagic trawler, 2010
- 1 x Wärtsilä 16V32 Engine
- 1 x Wärtsilä SCV95 Gearbox
- 1 x Wärtsilä Controllable Pitch Propellers
- Wärtsilä Propulsion Control Systems
- Wärtsilä Seals & Bearings