The Tong Xu is a large trailer suction hopper dredger delivered in 2008. The vessel is equipped with a complete Wärtsilä package with two 12V38 engines, two gearboxes, two controllable pitch propellers, two transverse thrusters and propulsion controls.
The ship trails its suction pipe when working, and loads the dredge spoil into one or more of the vessel’s hoppers. The company owning the ‘Tong Xu’, China Communications Construction Company Limited (“CCCC”), is the largest dredging company in China and the second largest dredging company (in terms of dredging capacity) in the world.
Tong Xu, trailer suction hopper dredger, 2008
- 2 x Wärtsilä 12V38 Engines driving CPP and dredge pump
- 2 x Wärtsilä SCH105 Gearboxes
- 2 x Wärtsilä Controllable Pitch Propellers
- Wärtsilä Transverse Thrusters
- Wärtsilä Propulsion Control Systems
- Wärtsilä Seals & Bearings