The Quantus is a modern trawler designed and built for efficient fishing. The vessel incorporates a number of innovative ideas, including a new hull form designed to combine optimum steaming and towing characteristics with fuel efficiency.
Delivered in 2008, the Quantus has been designed by Wärtsilä Ship Design and is fitted with a complete Wärtsilä propulsion solution, comprising a 12-cylinder Wärtsilä 32 engine driving a reduction gear and a controllable pitch propeller. Wärtsilä also provided the control system for the installation.
Quantus, purse seiner / trawler, 2008
- 1 x Wärtsilä 12V32 Engine
- 1 x Wärtsilä SCV85 Gearbox
- 1 x Wärtsilä Controllable Pitch Propellers
- Wärtsilä Propulsion Control Systems
- Wärtsilä Seals & Bearings