The Wärtsilä service agreement is expected to considerably reduce maintenance costs.
The integrated power system of Eidesvik Offshore’s seismic vessel, the Oceanic Vega, consists of six Wärtsilä 26 engines, gears, adjustable thrusters and controls. Wärtsilä’s proactive DMP (Dynamic Maintenance Planning) programme includes the planning and scheduling of engine maintenance based on the online monitoring of each engine’s condition and performance.
Innovative thinking has always been one of our competitive advantages, and Wärtsilä’s maintenance concept adds to this thinking.
Jan Fredrik Meling, CEO, Eidesvik
Oceanic Vega, research/survey vessel, 2010
- 4 x Wärtsilä 12V26 Engines
- 2 x Wärtsilä 6L26 Auxiliary Engines
- 2 x Wärtsilä SV95 Gearboxes
- 2 x Wärtsilä Controllable Pitch Propellers
- Wärtsilä Propulsion Control Systems
- Wärtsilä Seals & Bearings