Delivered in 2007, the Offshore Construction Vessel, the Normand Seven, is a large, stable and powerful working platform for offshore construction work created by Wärtsilä Ship Design.
The vessel has a large working/cargo deck with high deck load capacity, and is designed with an emphasis on efficiency, safety and cost-efficiency. The vessel is fitted with an advanced flexible pipelay system, and is capable of operating in water depths of up to 2,000m with a top tension capacity of 300t.
The Normand Seven has a diesel-electric propulsion plant with four Wärtsilä 6L32 engines, each with an output of 2880 kW, and two Wärtsilä 8L32 engines, each producing 3840 kW, driving the main generating sets. Wärtsilä has also supplied the generators and switchboards, as well as the automation systems.
- Designed to perform ROV support and flexible pipe installations
- Large moon pool for construction work
- Lay tower/ spread capabilities
- DP III Dynamic Positioning System
- Prepared for 20.5m carousel for flex pipe in the cargo hold
Normand Seven, offshore construction vessel, 2007
Read more about our solutions for Offshore Service Vessels