Wärtsilä prefers e-invoices
e-invoicing is a solution for invoicing electronically, and it suits both large and small companies. An e-invoice is a modern, reliable, secure, cost-efficient and practically paperless method of handling and processing invoices for goods, services and other expenses.
In B2B (business-to-business) e-invoicing, the invoice information is conveyed from the invoice issuer's invoicing system directly to the recipient's financial administration IT system. This ensures fast and cost-efficient handling of purchase invoices. Wärtsilä prefers to receive purchase invoices as e-invoices and encourages all suppliers to send their invoices to Wärtsilä in an electronic format.
In order to improve and assure the quality and efficiency of the Accounts Payable process, please ensure that you as a supplier follow and fulfil Wärtsilä’s requirements for purchase invoices.
Minimum purchase invoice data requirements
The purchase invoice has to contain the following data:
- Correct, official Wärtsilä Company name and address = Company address (e.g. Wärtsilä Finland Oy including business unit / department)
- Business unit
- Correct Wärtsilä Company VAT number
- Correct Supplier address and VAT number
- Correct and valid Supplier bank account information
- Correct references
- Wärtsilä’s contact person
- Purchase order or cost object (cost center, order, network, WBS, shipment number)
- Correct delivery address of the goods (to be mentioned if it is other than Wärtsilä Company address)
- Purchase invoice shall also include:
- Date and number of the invoice
- Delivery number
- Description of purchased goods / service
- Correct price and quantity
- In case of a freight purchase invoice, also consignee information must be mentioned
- Additional requirements regarding intra EU deliveries
- Net weight
- Commodity code
NOTE! Purchase invoices with wrong or missing information will be returned to suppliers and this will cause delays in payments.
Wärtsilä is moving over to electronic invoicing (e-invoicing).
e-invoicing will benefit both suppliers and customers.
Issuing e-invoices will have the following benefits:
- Fast transmission of invoices
- Electronic archiving
- Ease of monitoring
- Decrease in manual work phases
- Environmental friendliness.
Invoices no longer need to be printed and posted. Instead, they will be transmitted to the customer quickly in electronic format. More information can be included in an e-invoice making the acceptance process and payment faster. An e-invoice can also be automatically compared with an electronic order, if such a function has been added to the invoice processing system. Moreover, companies issuing e-invoices are able to offer their customers better customer service and make their own invoicing process more effective.
Wärtsilä has the facilities in place to receive e-invoices, so you can adopt the new practice with immediate effect. Please deliver all your future invoices in electronic format, beginning no later than 1 November 2010.
Any invoices sent to Wärtsilä in paper format after 1st January 2011 will be returned to the supplier. If you are not currently able to issue e-invoices, you can also input invoices directly on our e-invoice portal as of the beginning of November 2010.
We have established a team to help you with any questions you may have and hope that you will not hesitate to contact us, at the email address, email@example.com.
You can also contact Santtu Säisä, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you in advance!