Wärtsilä Hamworthy CNG Compressor Solutions
We offer biogas or natural gas compressor solutions for CNG refueling stations to serve buses, trucks and other vehicles.
CNG is a more environmentally clean alternative to petrol, diesel, or propane/LPG and is significantly lower in price. It can be mixed with biogas produced from landfill, anerobic digesters or waste water. All of these help to reduce harmful CO2 emissions and could, in certain applications, offer a carbon neutral solution.
Our offering covers a range of options, from a basic compressor block to a fully installed and commissioned CNG refueling station that includes the compression module(s), cascade storage, priority panels and fuel dispensers. The units are designed to comply with European and International standards.
We provide systems for either ‘fast fill’ (temperature compensated) or ‘timed fill’ with 200 or 250 bar g filling pressures. The gas composition may be required to ensure correct compressor and material selection.
CNG Compressor model & specifications
- Suction pressures up to 250 bar
- Discharge pressures up to 350 bar
- Flows up to 8,500 m3/hr
- 2, 3 and 4 cylinder configuration
- Oil-less, oil-free & lubricated cylinder designs
- Option for suction valve unloading
- Water cooled
- Daughter station configurations available
CNG offers a significantly cleaner fuel
and emissions reductions including:
- Carbon Dioxide (CO2) by 20-30%
- Carbon Monoxide (CO) by 70-90%
- Nitrogen Oxide (NOx) by 75-95%
- Particulate Matter (PM) by up to 90%
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) by 89%